LegalStreet’s information covers a broad range of transactions and situations businesses face every day. Take a look at a few examples.
- Formation: While starting a business is an exciting endeavor, it can also be pretty overwhelming. The first question you should ask yourself is “What business structure is right for me?” Business structures differ in terms of taxation, personal liability protection, and management. The limited liability company (LLC), for example, is the most popular structure for small businesses because of its favorable tax treatment and limits on personal liability. Whether you decide to form an LLC, corporation, sole proprietorship, or partnership, LegalStreet has the information you need to start your business.
- Contracts: Businesses run on transactions. Contracts are necessary to make those transactions legally binding. Whether you’re hiring an employee, providing a service, or selling a product, you’ll want it in writing. While drafting business contracts can be complex and expensive, LegalStreet’s professionally drafted contracts cover a wide range of transactions and contain all the terms you need to protect the interests of your business.
- Compliance: Businesses of all kinds are subject to federal, state, and local regulations, requiring them to make annual reports and business filings. Complying with these regulations can be tedious and time-consuming. You can save your business time and money by purchasing LegalStreet’s corporate compliance package. The package contains all the forms and filings you need to comply with the applicable regulations.
- Copyrights, Trademarks, and Patents: Ideas and innovations are the currency of today’s knowledge-based economy. Whether you develop software or publish cookbooks, it’s in your best interest to protect your business’ intellectual property. Copyrights, for instance, protect artistic, intellectual, or creative forms of work, like literature and source code. Patents, on the other hand, protect ideas and innovations that create a new way of doing things. Finally, trademarks can strengthen your business’ identity by protecting brand names, logos, and tag lines. Protecting your intellectual property will help you prevent others from capitalizing on your ideas and creations. While the filing process can be a bit confusing, LegalStreet’s copyright, trademark, and patent form packages provide you with step-by-step instructions to help you protect your intellectual property.
- Dissolution: Sometimes a business runs its course. When the time comes to wind things down, a business dissolution will allow you to tie up loose ends and prevent the accrual of taxes. Whether you have an LLC or a corporation, LegalStreet has the forms you need to dissolve your business. Before hiring someone to draft your business’ documents, take a look at LegalStreet’s professionally drafted business forms. They can save your company a considerable amount of time and money.